DODITAL YAMUNOTRI TREK
A moderate trekking in Uttaranchal which starts from the Bhagirathi valley, goes up to the lake of Dodital to the alpine meadows and crosses over at Darwa Pass (4150mt) to the Yamuna watershed. Dodital is a high altitude lake at a height of 3050mt is absolutely mysterious, alluring, and simply beautiful! Situated amidst pine forests with the backdrop of Darwa Bugyal, a high altitude meadow, Dodital has a serene effect on the mind and body. Dodital gets its name from Dodi, the local name for trout that are found in large numbers in the lake. The serene, tranquil surroundings, gurgling streams, crystal clear water, and dense alpine forests make for an ideal retreat. The Dodital trek is traditionally used continuously by the Gujjars (the nomadic herdsmen who get their buffalos to the high meadows) every summer and occasionally by the pilgrims / sadhus walking between Gangotri and Yamunotri. The many delights of the Dodital trek and Darwa Pass include a visit Sangam Chatti, a quaint village market place and getting a whiff of Gujar settlement. Make way along meadows dusted with snow, laced with pine trees and witness the awe-inspiring Himalayas. Also, if you wish, enjoy the ascend to Dodital route through mixed forests.
This lake is one of the very few water bodies where Himalayan Trout’s found. Dodital is considered as one of the most beautiful lakes of India and it’s extremely popular with nature lovers and trekking enthusiasts.
Day 01: Delhi to Uttarkashi (1,550mt./Train/Drive/11hrs.)
Day 02: Uttarkashi to Bevra (2,400mt./Drive 15km./Trek 7km/5hrs.)
Day 03: Bevra to Dodital (3,310mt./15km./6hrs.)
Day 04: Dodital to Darwa Pass (4,150mt.) to Darwa Top (4450 mt.) to Kanasar (3,900mt.)
Day 05: Kanasar to Kandoli (2,800mt./Trek 11km./5hrs.))
Day 06: Kandoli to Hanumanchatti (2,400mt./Trek 6km.),Drive to Dehradun/ Delhi.
DODITAL - YAMUNOTRI TREK
Day 01: DELHI – HARIDWAR – UTTARKASHI (Train / Drive 220 km. / 7hrs.)
Board the morning Shatabdi Express departing, New Delhi at 0700hrs.Arrive at Haridwar at 1130 hrs. Drive to Uttarkashi.Overnight in Guest house & dinner.
Day 02: UTTARKASHI – BEVRA (2400 mt. /Trek 8 km./5 hrs.)
Drive to the starting point of Dodital trek to Bevra is a camping spot 1.5 km ahead of Agoda village. After crossing a foot bridge, trek about 8 km of moderate to stiff uphill climb. A dip in the stream in Bevra is the best way to wash out the first day body aches. Overnight in tents & dinner.
Day 03: BEVRA – DODITAL (3310 mt. / Trek 15km. /7hrs.)
After an early breakfast, trek for 6-7 hours of gradual walk of about 16 km. The walk would be through dense forest of Oak, Rhododendron and Fir. Trail is well marked. The lake is roughly hexagonal in shape, surrounded by thick forest. The lake is inhabited by golden trout in abundant numbers. It is said that these were initially planted by British explorers. Overnight in tents & dinner.
Day0 4: DODITAL – DARWA PASS (4150mt.) – KANSAR (3880mt. /Trek 6km./5hrs.)
Start the trek to Darwa Pass is about 5 km up the hill. It starts with the climb along the feeder to Dodital breaking into a thick birch forest opening into the high meadows. The pass at 4150m offers a spectacular view of the Bandarpunch range of peaks. For an adventurous high, one can go higher up to climb the Darwa Top and then later on proceed to camp at Kanasar (3900m) just below the pass. Overnight In tents & dinner.
Day 05: KANSAR – KANDOLI (2800mt./ Trek 11 km./6 hrs.)
After a long traverse in the meadow with impressive views of the Banderpunch range, one arrives at the beautiful grazing ground of Seema. After having lunch here we start our descent through the forest to our campsite at Kandoli, having a few summer houses. Overnight in Tents & Dinner.
Day 06: KANDOLI – HUNMANCHATTI (2400 mt./7 km./ 3 hrs.) – DEHRADUN/DELHI.
We trek for 2 hrs to reach the start of the road at Hanumanchatti. From here, we will drive 6 hrs to Dehradun to board the overnight Mussoorie Express to New Delhi.
Day07: Arrival New Delhi & Transfer to you next destination near only Delhi.
DODITAL - YAMUNOTRI TREK
02 – 04
04 – 06
- All travel from Delhi and back to Delhi by road/ Train (by non ac / 2T A/C or 3T A/C Coach)
- Accommodation will be provided throughout the trip as mentioned in the itinerary on twin sharing basis.
- Accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads & sleeping bags for entire trek.
- Meals: As per itinerary, Tea /coffee, snacks & drinking boiled water during the trek. All meals would be vegetarian,the food would be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Local.
- Professionally trained mountain guide with English speaking, camp staff, cook etc.
- Mules/Porters: For carrying rations, trekking equipments, personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 10 kgs).
- All trekking permits and park entrance fees & Camping charges entire the trek.
- Camping equipment: 3/4 season tents, sleeping bags, ground mattress, mess tent & camping tables & stools etc.
- Medical Kit
- Includes 4.5% Service tax
- Any stay and meals in Delhi
- Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature
- Tips for guides, cooks & porters.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather..