CHOPTA CHNDRASHILA TOP SUMMIT TREK
Chandrashila is the summit of the Chandranath Parbat on which Tungnath temple of Panch Kedar is located. Chandrashila can be reached by a further less 1.oo Km Trek from Tungnath, is situated at an elevation of 4,000 mts above sea level, and offers a panoramic views of the grandeur of Garhwal Himalayan ranges.Chopta – Chandrashila – Tungnath trek is one of the famous treks that can be undertaken round the year, it may be quite strenuous if you go during winters.
A very wide view range of the snow capped Garhwal Himalayan peaks and valleys can be seen from Chandrashila Top.Trishul, Nanda Davi, Chaukhamba Peaks are distinctly visible from Chandrashila
Day 01: Overnight train to Haridwar Drive 1 hrs. Rishikesh.
Day 02: Drive Rishikesh to Sari and trek to Deoria Tal.
Day 03: Trek Deoria Tall to Chopta (3000mt.)
Day 04: Trek Chopta to Tungnath (3600 mt.) - Chandrashila Top (4000mt.) – Chopta back.
Day 05: Drive Chopta to Haridwar. Board evening train to Delhi
CHOPTA- CHANDRASHILA SUMMIT TREK
Day 01: DELHI – HARIDWAR – RISHIKESH (Overnight Train/ Drive 1hrs.)
Take the overnight Mussoorie Express (10:15pm) from Delhi to reach Haridwar early in the morning, drive to Rishikesh on the banks of the Ganges. Check in the hotel. Afternoon visit some of the temples of this holy town Rishikesh Himalayas and in the evening we will witness the ceremony. Shortly after sunset, the puja is performed in all of the temples lining the river at the same time, with a cacophony of musical instruments and voices. Afterwards, offerings of lamps and flowers are made to the Ganges and it is a moving sight to watch hundreds of miniature lamps float along the river. Overnight in Hotel & Dinner.
Day 02: RISHIKESH – SARI – Deoria Tal ( 2430 mt./Drive 220 km./Trek 3km./8hrs.)
The journey of which will traverse along Ganga and Alaknanda rivers towards the Mandakini valley. On the way pass the holy townships of Devprayag and Rudraprayag. When arriving at Sari the Village last road head &. Start to trek Deoria Tal up world. Cut through the dense thickets thriving with abundant bird species and continue climbing upwards. Upon arriving at Deoria Tal Lake, take some time to uncover the gorgeous environs. Overnight in Tents & Dinner.
Day 03: DEORIA TAL – CHOPTA (3000 mt. /Trek 12 km. /6hrs.).
The trail goes through the dense forest and stays on the ridge all the way to Tali. From here we descend for a while to cross a stream and then climb up gradually to reach Chopta, located in an idyllic setting having beautiful meadows and is surrounded by dense forests. Overnight in Tents & Dinner.
Day 04: CHOPTA – TUNGNATH TEMPLE (3600mt.) – CHANDRASHILA TOP ( 4000 mt.) – CHOPTA (Trek 9 km./7hrs.)
Start off the day by ascending up the slopes of the snow-clad pasturelands. Today the trek will be challenging but equally rewarding with wonderful views of the landscapes. After a couple hours of trekking, reach Tungnath temple where you can seek blessings for the rest of the trip. Post stacking up on refreshments; resume your trek uphill towards the Chandrashila Peak at 4000m. The summit of the Chandrashilla peak provides a breathtaking 360 degree view of the peaks of Nanda Devi, Trishul, Chaukhamba. Trek down to the base camp at Chopta.Overnight in Tents & Dinner..
Day 05: CHOPTA – HARIDWAR – DELHI (Drive 255 km./8hrs./Train to Delhi/5hrs.)
Drive to Haridwar and take the evening Shatabdi Express 1810 pm to reach Delhi by 10:45 pm.Overnight in hotel & Dinner.
CHOPTA -CHANDRASHILA TOP TREK
02 – 04
04 – 06
- All travel from Delhi and back to Delhi by road/ Train (by non ac / 2T A/C or 3T A/C Coach)
- Accommodation will be provided throughout the trip as mentioned in the itinerary on twin sharing basis.
- Accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads & sleeping bags for entire trek.
- Meals: As per itinerary, Tea /coffee, snacks & drinking boiled water during the trek. All meals would be vegetarian,the food would be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Local.
- Professionally trained mountain guide with English speaking, camp staff, cook etc.
- Mules/Porters: For carrying rations, trekking equipments, personal gear of the clients (one bag not weighing more than 10 kgs).
- All trekking permits and park entrance fees & Camping charges entire the trek.
- Camping equipment: 3/4 season tents, sleeping bags, ground mattress, mess tent & camping tables & stools etc.
- Medical Kit
- Includes 4.5% Service tax
- Any stay and meals in Delhi
- Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature
- Tips for guides, cooks & porters.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather..