Kedartal (also known as Shiva's lake) is a glacial lake situated at an altitude of 4,750m (15,600 feet) in the Garhwal region of the Himalayas in India. The lake is fed by the snowfall over Thalayasagar (6,904m), Meru (6,672m), Bhirgupanth (6,772m) and other surrounding peaks, and is the source of Kadar Ganga, which in Hindu mythology is considered to be Shiva's contribution to Bhagirath.The pea green lake with melting snow of Kadar glacier originate Kadar Ganga, a tributary of Bhagirathi, measured as Lord Shiva’s contribution to Bhagirathi. One can encounter a good variety of high altitude fauna e.g. Bharal (blue sheep), Goral, Himalayan black bear with a great variety of birds. The trek is bit challenging, but the rewards are very soaring.
• Spectacular views Thalayasagar (6,904m), Meru (6,672m), Bhirgupanth (6,772m)
• Atmospheric Gangotri and its pilgrimage temples
• Hike from Gangotri along with Kedar Ganga & lord Shiva Lake.
• Holly and yoga town Rishikesh.
18th May 2019: Dehradun – Gangotti( Drive 240km./ 9hrs.)
19th May 2019 : Gangotri - Bhoj kharak (Trek 08 km./6 hrs.)
20th May 2019: Bhoj Kharak - Kedar Kharak Trek 4 km./4 hrs.)
21th May 2019 : Kedar kharak - Kedartal (Trek 5 km./4 hrs.)
22th May 2019: Kedartal - Bhoj kharak( Trek 09 km./ 6 hrs.)
23th May 2019: Bhoj Kharak – Gangotri – Uttarkashi ( Trek 09 km./ Drive 99 km./ 9 hrs.)
24th May 2019: Uttarkashi – Haridwar / Rishikesh.( Drive 175km./ 6hrs.)
KEDAR TAL TREK (Shiva’s Lake) in GARHWAL HIMALAYAS – INDIA.
18th May 19: DEHRADUN - GANGOTRI (Drive 245km/ 8-9hrs)
Drive to Gangotri Early morning.check in hotel meets the all members and Guide and supporting staff and some brief about trek etc.Gangotri is the starting points for this trek. Here you will meet your trekking crew and porters. In the evening, you will witness the puja and aarti at Gangotri temple – one of the four sacred dhams for Hindu in the Himalayas. Overnight stay Hotel/Guest house.
19th May 19: GANGOTRI – BHOJ KHARAK (3780 mt./Trek 08 km./ 5-6 hrs.)
Morning after Breakfast Trek To Bhoj Kharak. The Steep Ascent To Bhoj Kharak Starts As We Leave The Camp. After An Hour Climb We Travers Kedar Gorge To Reach Bhoj Kharak. The Entire Trek Is Along Kedar Ganga, Through Fir (Cedus ) And Bhoj (Birch) Trees. The Bark Of Birch Was Used As Paper For Ancient Manuscript In Inida.Overnight tents & Dinner.
20th May 19: BHOJKHARAK - KEDARKHARAK (4150m, Trek 6 km. /5 hrs)
We cross the tree line in sometime and towards afternoon reach our next destination, Kedar Kharak. This is a very pleasant campsite with meadows all around and a network of streams.
Overnight in tents & Dinner.
21th May 19: KEDARKHARAK - KEDARTAL (4700mt, Trek 5 km/4 hrs)
We cross the meadows and from then on the trail is mostly through scree, rocks & boulders. After a few hours of mostly uphill walking we reach Kedar Tal. You will experience complete 'Mountain Madness' here. Blue waters of the high altitude lake, massive Himalayan peaks all around and highways of glaciers and the backdrop sound of avalanches and glaciers breaking.Overnight in tents & Dinner.
22th May 19: KEDAR TAL - BHOJKHARAK (3750m, Trek /4 hrs)
We retrace our steps to reach Bhoj Kharak. Overnight in tents & Dinner.
23th May 19: BHOJKHARAK - GANGOTRI (3050m, trek / 4 hrs) - UTTARKASHI (1150m, Drive 99 km /5 hrs)
We hike down till Gangotri and from there drive down to Uttarkashi. Overnight in Hotel & Dinner.
24th May 19: UTTARKASHI - RISHIKESH - HARIDWAR (Drive 224 km /6-7 hrs)
Today you drive down to Haridwar, Gate of God & Goddess in Himalayas in India. You will get to visit the famous Ghats (holy bathing area) Har ki paudi (foot prints of lord Vishnu , where the all Hindu pilgrims take holy bath and board the train from here for Delhi. Arrive late night at 2245 pm at Delhi Railway station & transfer to hotel.Overnight hotel & Dinner.
KEDAR TAL TREK COST
The Cost is @ 17800/ PP ( on 02/03 persons )
The Cost is @ 15800/ PP ( on 04/05 persons )
The Cost is @ 13500/ PP ( on 06 ++++ persons )
- All transport from DEHRADUN and back to Rishikesh by Non ac bolero or tempo traveler's.
- Accommodation will be provided at Gangotri/ Uttarkashi only room basis.
- Accommodation in tents with foam sleeping pads & sleeping bags for entire trek.
- Meals: As per itinerary, Tea /coffee, snacks & drinking boiled water during the trek. All meals would be vegetarian,the food would be a mix of Indian, Chinese & Local.
- Professionally trained mountain guide with camp staff, cook etc.
- Porters: For carrying rations, trekking equipments.
- All trekking permits and park entrance fees & Camping charges entire the trek.
- Camping equipment: 3/4 season tents, sleeping bags, ground mattress, mess tent & camping tables & stools etc.
- Medical Kitwith Oxygen Clynders
- GST 5%
- Any stay and meals in Rishikesh/ DEHRADUN.
- Air Fares, Visas, Insurance, Airport taxes, laundry, phone calls, beverages and bottled water, souvenirs and other expenses of a personal nature.
- Porters for personal luggage.
- Tips for guides, cooks & porters.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc